Anonymous commenting is allowed on this website, however the commenting is moderated by runPCrun. When you post a comment it goes into an approval queue for one of our staff members to approve it. Until this has occured the comment will not appear.
Please also note that due to excessive automated spamming of the runPCrun website and the administrative overhead involved in sorting through these comment posts, any post which contains HTML code for a link will be automatically deleted as spam. (all HTML is turned off in comments anyway)
We are pretty liberal with comment approval as long as the comment is on topic with respect to the original post.
Some things we typically do not approve:
- Spam: We have spam filters that remove 99.9% of it and the rest gets deleted manually.
- Commenting Off-topic: If a comment has no relevance to the original post then it's pretty useless.
- Copyrighted material: Post a link rather than copy and pasting other peoples work without their permission or indeed anything else that could breach (or help others breach) copyright laws.
- Non English comments: We only speak English, therefore we can only moderate in English.
- Profanity: This is a corporate website and so profanity comments are deleted. If I can see the person is trying to use it to express their views with “colourful metaphors” and where there’s some genuine substance to the comment then the relevant profanity will simply be edited out.
Borderline comments include:
- Criticism: Criticism is fine. Personal attacks are not. Keep it on the subject being debated.
- Links to other sites: Fine if done in a way that is relevant to the original post. No HTML is allowed, and any HTML links will cause the comment to be automatically deleted.
- Marketing: If it's truly relevant then pointing to your own articles, services or products is allowable. Otherwise it is spam. Please use text links and no HTML code.
- Freedom of speech: This is a privately owned web site, not a public forum which guarantees free speech. So you don’t have unlimited free speech rights when posting comments on this site.
- Editing comments: Your comments are either approved or deleted. I don’t edit them except in two instances :-
- where profanity is involved so it may be removed.
- to add hypertext links to any URL's that may be in the post where the link is really useful - only plain text comments may be submitted. Also rel="nofollow" may be added to these hyperlinks at our discretion.
- Notification: Posters are not notified where their posts are deleted. Every single time so far the poster has been anonymous and the reason has been obvious.